MULTIVAP Nitrogen Evaporator Configurations and Options
Organomation's MULTIVAP laboratory evaporators can be used in numerous methodologies, and are available in either a dry block model, for 9, 30, 48 and 80 positions, or a water bath model for 64 and 100 positions. These instruments are ideal for evaporating large batches of samples stored in uniform test tubes. The dry block allows for higher temperatures, while the water bath provides the most even heating.
- An aluminum dry block is standard for the 9, 30, 48 and 80 position MULTIVAP evaporators. The dry block is great for evaporating many different types of samples, but can be especially good for samples that are water sensitive, or for samples with labels that are water soluble. It can provide heat from 30-120°C. Water baths are not available for these positions.
- Water bath -A water bath comes standard in the 64 and 100 position MULTIVAP evaporators. It can heat samples to 30-90°C, and provides the most even heating. Dry block heating is not available for these positions.
- Bath for Flammable Solvents (-Z option) is recommended for use with flammable solvents, and as such, it is offered for labs that work with highly flammable materials. The Z-purge (-Z) reduces the classification from Division 2 (Zone 2) to unclassified/nonhazardous. Purging is a world-wide accepted protection concept from explosion. Explosion protection is achieved by keeping the potentially explosive atmosphere away from any source of ignition. A small flow of nitrogen into the bath pan creates a slight positive pressure gradient inside the bath case. As the nitrogen leaks back out, the bath is continually purged. Highly flammable materials such as petroleum ether, ethyl ether and acetaldehyde should not be used unless the Type-Z Purge intrinsically safe bath option is installed and running.
- We sell instruments all over the world, and therefore we can build your instrument for the correct wiring for your lab, no matter where you are located. Wiring other than the standard US 110v requires cat# -2 option. There are many different types of plugs. North America, Europe, China and India all have their own type of plug--- and we can build them all.
Acid Resistant Coating:
- Polytetrafluoroethylene, PTFE, also known as Teflon Coating (-RT) is available for all MULTIVAP evaporators and can resist almost all corrosive solvents including organic solvents, acid and base. Without this protective coating the use of very acidic or basic materials can damage the stainless steel parts of the instrument, and is not recommended. However, with this coating in place, these instruments can handle the use of corrosive solvents indefinitely, extending the life of the instrument.
Pasteur Pipet Adaptors:
- For those that would rather use their own pipets rather than needles, pipet adaptors (NA0636 or NA0637) make pipets compatible with our instruments. Because Pasteur Pipets are considered disposable, this option is for those looking for their nitrogen blowdown vehicle to have a one-time use option.